Orientation for Information Technology Services
Essential technology info for newly arrived students
LawKey & Email
Once you have your PennKey and LawKey accounts created:
- Check if you missed any email notifications at the mailing list archives.
- Read the current Law School Announcements: On the Docket.
How to Connect your Laptop to Wireless Internet
- Connect to the network called AirPennNet-Help
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and load any page (such as apple.com or google.com).
- Click the checkbox in the bottom left then click the green Start button and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: Doesn’t work? Please see the next section for contacting the Computer Resource Center.
How to Get Laptop Support
The Computer Resource Center (CRC) is the walk-in help desk for laptops and mobile devices, including WiFi and software (in this list of supported products). Details can be found on our page about the CRC.
Contact: 215-573-4778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Suite 202 of Sansom West, 3650 Chestnut Street. The entrance is on Steve Murray’s Way (mid-block between 36th and 37th on Chestnut).
Walk-in hours: Monday – Friday, 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Or by appointment: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Printing, Copying, and Scanning
There are 7 multi-function locations and you already have “free” credit. Get more info.
- Tanenbaum T222 (Lab) – 4 Printers
- Reading Room (Periodicals)
- Tanenbaum 1st Floor (Clock)
- Tanenbaum 3rd Floor (Including new Color Printers!)
- Tanenbaum 5th Floor
- Gittis 1st Floor (Goat)
- Davis Student Union
Course materials are housed on the Canvas learning management system. We have detailed instructions on our Canvas page including how to login, set notification preferences and use the various tools.
If you received a merge notification email from Canvas, please read our info on merging accounts as you may not need to take any action with this email.
Microsoft Office and Other Software
Later this summer, Microsoft Office 365 will be available to Penn Law students for free. Students will be allowed to install Office on up to five systems or devices. Microsoft Office 365 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote for both Mac and PC.
Please check out the My New Computer section on Campus Express (PennKey login required) for information on how to download and install this software.
In the meantime, you can view this list of the University’s recommended and support computing products.
You can reach ITS at email@example.com or 215-898-2679.
Beginning August 31st we will also have walk-in support service in Tanenbaum 232. It will be open Monday – Friday, noon – 4:00pm.
Find extensive information in the online Help Center.