Orientation for Information Technology Services
Essential technology info for newly arrived students
How to Connect your Laptop to Wireless Internet
- Connect to the network called AirPennNet-Help
- Open a web browser and load any page. This will start the configuration process. Just follow the instructions as your laptop is configured.
- When the configuration is complete, check which network you are on. If it is still AirPennNet-Help, connect to the one called AirPennNet: this is the real Internet, so use this once your laptop is configured. You may also want to “forget” the AirpennNet-Help network, especially on an iPad, so that it doesn’t prefer that one over AirPennNet.
- Doesn’t work? Please see the next section for contacting the Computer Resource Center.
Looking to buy a new laptop? Review our Laptop Recommendations page first.
How to Get Laptop Support
The Computer Resource Center (CRC) is the walk-in help desk for laptops and mobile devices, including WiFi and software (in this list of supported products). Details can be found on our page about the CRC.
Contact: 215-573-4778 or email@example.com
Location: Suite 202 of Sansom West, 3650 Chestnut Street. The entrance is on Steve Murray’s Way (mid-block between 36th and 37th on Chestnut).
Walk-in hours: Monday – Friday, 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Or by appointment: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Printing, Copying, and Scanning
There are 8 multi-function locations and you already have “free” credit. Get more info.
- Tanenbaum T222 (Lab) – 4 Printers
- Reading Room (Periodicals)
- Tanenbaum 1st Floor (Clock)
- Tanenbaum 3rd Floor
- Tanenbaum 5th Floor
- Gittis 1st Floor (Goat)
- Golkin Davis Student Union
- Silverman Ground Floor
Before September 3rd you can reach ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-2679.
Beginning September 3rd we will also have walk-in support service in Tanenbaum 232. It will be open Monday – Friday, noon – 4:00pm.