The wireless Internet network on campus is known as AirPennNet. AirPennNet provides fast, secure Internet access to all faculty, staff, and students. To prepare your laptop for Penn Law, you will need to configure AirPennNet on your laptop. Currently, only laptops, iOS, and Android devices support AirPennNet’s security protocols.
Note: AirPennNet requires a PennKey to connect. If you have not setup your PennKey or cannot remember your password, please contact email@example.com.
Setting up AirPennNet on Campus
- Follow these instructions to connect your Windows or Mac laptop to AirPennNet.
- Follow these instructions to connect your mobile devices to AirPennNet.
Setting up AirPennNet Before You Arrive
You can also setup AirPennNet before you arrive on campus. After updating your antivirus and system software, visit the AirPennNet help page and follow the on-screen instructions.
eduroam is a secured wireless network that allows students, faculty and staff to use their home institution’s credentials (for Penn affiliates, their PennKey) to access wireless network services, when visiting other eduroam participating institutions without having to set up a guest account. It can also be used instead of AirPennNet while on campus.
Please see the eduroam page for more information and links to configuring your device to use eduroam
- Conference Codes: If you have an upcoming event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the number of people that need to use WiFi in order to obtain a WiFi Group Code for your event.
- Sponsor a Guest: If you a have a guest on campus that you would like to sponsor, please follow this link and log in with your PennKey to obtain a code that works for up to 7 days:
- For more information, please visit: http://www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey/guest.html
Changes are coming to the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network - April 27, 2017
On April 27th, ISC will be releasing an upgrade to the AirPennNet-Guest wifi service. The new system will streamline and improve registration. Staff will no longer need to generate AirPennNet-Guest Group/Conference Codes. After April 27, guests will be able to select the AirPennNet-Guest Wifi service and connect using the instructions below.
How to Connect (beginning April 27, 2017)
1. Select the AirPennNet-Guest SSID
2. Open a browser
3. Review and accept the Acceptable Use Policy terms and conditions
4. Enter a valid email address and click Submit
If you get disconnected from AirPennNet and have difficulty reconnecting, switch to the AirPennNet-Help network and open your web browser to repair the connection. If you are still having trouble connecting, please visit the CRC for advanced troubleshooting help.