Connecting Mobile Devices to AirPennNet
- Open the Settings app, open the Wi-Fi menu and select AirPennNet-Help.
- The AirPennNet wizard will automatically open. If the wizard does not come up, open up a web browser and navigate to www.upenn.edu.
All users can click the checkbox to accept the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy and click Start.
- Select Student or Faculty/Staff/Guest and then click OK on the next window.
- In the following window, click Install to install the Xpress Connect profile.
- Click Install Now on the following window and enter your passcode.
- When prompted, enter your Username (PennKey) and password.
- When you are finished, open the Settings app, open the Wi-Fi menu and select AirPennNet.
NOTE: If you are an iOS 10 user and you are still experiencing problems after installing the new configuration file, we recommend deleting the AirPennNet profile completely and then re-installing again. To delete the profile, open the Settings app, select General and Profiles. Select the AirPennNet profile and click Delete Profile.
- Turn Cellular Data Off.
- Open the Settings app, click on WiFi, and select AirPennNet-Help.
- Open up a web browser and navigate to www.upenn.edu. The AirPennNet wizard should automatically open. (Do not download Xpress Connect through the pop-up browser)
- Click the checkbox to accept the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy and click Start.
- Choose the Alternate method to download the Xpress Connect app from Penn’s servers. IMPORTANT: An issue has been reported recently with the Play store version not working with AirPennNet.
Note to Pixel Phone users: If the above link only downloads the configuration file and does not open it, please manually open the Cloudpath app. In the upper-right hand corner, touch the arrow and select “Manual Configuration URL…” In the box that opens, type “android.netconfig” and the app will open the file stored on your device.
- After it has downloaded, open the Xpress Connect app. NOTE: You may have to temporarily change your settings to allow apps from outside the Play Store.
- After Xpress Connect installs, click on the third link which states “Click on this link to be walked through the configuration of your Android device”
- Select Student, click Continue, enter your PennKey and Password, and click Continue.
- Click OK on the following boxes. You are now connected to AirPennNet.
Note: On some Android phones, the AirPennNet connection settings need to be updated to the following network settings. Click on the network name and Edit/Modify and update the following:
EAP method: TTLS
Phase 2 Authentication: PAP