Student Groups: Aliases, Survey Tool, Notices, & Events
Group Email Address @law.upenn.edu
You can have YOURGROUPNAME@law.upenn.edu as a Group address. It will deliver to the lawgroup alias of your choice (see Lawgroup Email Aliases, the next section).
To request or change your Group Email Address, please do the following:
- Check with Julie Colleluori at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 898-7482 to make sure you are on the list of authorized members for your group.
- Email email@example.com with the address you would like to create
- Know the email address you wish to create or update.
- Know the address it will deliver to. This should preferably be a Lawgroup Alias, so that you can easily add or remove other people as recipients of this address. See the next section for how to create a lawgroup alias.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lawgroup Email Aliases
You can have up to 5 email distribution lists for your group.
To setup or modify these aliases just go to PLEAS and follow the instructions.
Students can use the Qualtrics Survey Tool to create RSVP surveys to prepare headcounts for seating or catering. More information on Qualtrics is available at https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/qualtrics/
Penn Law Notices
Publicize group meetings and events with the Notices Tool. May be configured to send communication via Email, Community Boards, or the Commons site. Notices are subject to approval from the Communications office.
For more info, please visit the Notices Help Document.
Event Planning Tools
To plan an event see the Penn Law Room Reservations and Event Planning page.
If you are hosting a large event, the event request must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
If you request media in your Event Request Form be sure to follow up at least 48 hours in advance via email, email@example.com.
The Community Boards are 2 large display screens located at the main Golkin Entrance. They show news and information of interest to the Penn Law community.
The easiest way to place a message on the Community Board is to submit a Notice or Event, as described above.
You can also submit custom slides and content to be posted on the board. More Information