Penn Law TechIQ User Groups
Penn Law staff and faculty are encouraged to follow our new Tech IQ User Groups hosted on Slack. Share ideas, get tips, post questions for the group and learn about Qualtrics, Penn+Box and other applications as well as how to use Slack, a great new informal communication tool for teams.
Our initial user groups will be Qualtrics, Penn+Box and Office 365. Please feel free to suggest additional user groups in Slack.
How to Participate:
- To join, go to https://pennlawtechiq.slack.com
- Click the option “If you have an @law.upenn.edu email address, you can create an account”
- Enter your LawKey Username then click “Create Account.”
- A confirmation email will be sent to your Penn Law email.
- Check your Email and you will want to click on “Complete Signup.”
- Next step is choosing your username and password for the PennLawTechIQ team.
- Please note that we recommend creating a password that is different than your LawKey password.
- Now that you are successfully logged into the TechIQ User Group, you will notice that you have access to channels and direct messages on the left hand side.
- Each user group topic is a separate channel in Slack. To start, we will have channels for Qualtrics, PennBox, and Office 365.
- There is also a General channel where you can suggest future user group topics.
- Slack can send email and mobile notifications when you’re away from the app, and desktop notifications when you’re viewing a different team, or working in another application.
- Interested in Desktop notifications? Click Here
- Interested in Email Notifications? Click Here
Downloading the Slack App:
- The Slack Application for Mobile devices is available in the App Store, Google play and Windows Store.
- The Desktop Application is available on Macs, Windows and Linux (beta).
Here are a some resources for using Slack.
- Getting Started with Slack for New Users
- Understanding Channels and Direct Messages
- Using Slack - covers account basics, messaging, notifications and apps
- Slack Video Guides
Please refer to the Getting Started with Slack page if you are interested in using Slack in your Department and need more information to get started.