Tanenbaum 142 (T-142) Room Technology Instructions
See Dual Delivery Guide for help setting up a partial remote class
Login to Classroom PC:
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: email@example.com
Students: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for students entering JD ’25 and later)
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Using the cables provided on the table, plug the HDMI cable into your laptop. If your device has either USB-C or Mini DisplayPort, use the appropriate adapter (attached to the HDMI cable).
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
T-142 is equipped with a touchscreen on the wall. Tap on the screen to wake it up. Follow the diagram and steps below for instructions on how to use the touchscreen.
- Select a source: either PC or Laptop. Select PC to use the classroom computer. You can choose Laptop to connect your device wirelessly using Mersive Solstice.
- Choose where you want to send it: Left Projector, Right Projector and/or the Side TV screen.
- Tap Send Audio to use audio with your presentation; use volume controls accordingly
- ITS Help Button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance
- Room controls can be found on the side of the screen to control lighting and shades
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Shutdown on the touchscreen to turn off Projectors and/or TV Displays
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: