Hardware Recommendations for Recording and Video Conferencing
ITS recommends the following options for improving your recording quality beyond the built-in capabilities of your computer. Please contact email@example.com to request purchase of materials
With two displays, Screen Sharing and Gallery mode can be viewed on separate displays using Zoom’s Dual-Screen Mode. Secondary displays can also help arrange notes and other documents.
We recommend a Full HD 1080p USB webcam with auto-exposure and built-in microphone. Due to worldwide backorders, many webcam are unavailable. When purchasing, ITS will confirm shipping date and purchase alternate products as necessary.
- Logitech C920 or PTZOptics
- Camera with built-in light: Razer Kiyo
For placing your webcam on a tripod in a location other than on top of your laptop or display.
MICROPHONES AND HEADSETS
These offering facilitate different styles of teaching. All mics/headsets will improve audio quality when recording.
Rode mini USB microphone
- High quality USB microphone with desktop stand
Logitech H57e wired headset
- Combined headphones/mic
- Eliminates feedback
Samson XPD2 wireless USB lapel mic
- Allows for stand-up and hands-free teaching style
- Good for users who want to move around while teaching
- Wireless Headsets for mobility/flexibility:
All lighting in the room should be directed towards the subject. Avoid overhead lights, especially behind the subject. Windows are OK as long as they are not behind the subject. A well-placed desk lamp will shine light on your face and will improve recording quality. Specialty lighting can work, provided that you have the space in your office to accommodate a small tripod behind the camera, or on your desk.
- Desktop light: Lume Cube Broadcast Kit
- Light kit with tripods: 2-light kit by GVM
- Please consult with itsmedia for specific recommendations.
Wacom Intuos M Bluetooth
- Allows instructor to write hand-written notes on separate tablet device. Notes appear on powerpoint slides as annotation, or digital white-board using Microsoft Whiteboard app.
boom arm for microphone
- Adjustable arm attaches to desk with C-clamp. Microphone attaches to arm to easily position microphone in proper place.
A solid color Green Screen improves the effect of the digital background in Zoom and other video conferencing applications.
Impact Green Screen Kit
- This kit contains a 10’ X 12’ green fabric with tripod support system
Green Screen fabric-only
- No support system, just the fabric.