Silverman Lecture Halls
S-240a, S-240b, S-245a, S-280 Room Technology Instructions
See Dual Delivery Guide for help setting up a partial remote class
Login to Classroom PC:
Tap on the touchscreen to wake it up. Then, tap the PC button on the screen. Touching the image of the PC on the screen will toggle full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again (see diagram below for more detail).
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org for students entering JD ’25 and later)
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
- Select a Source: PC or Laptop. Select PC to use the classroom computer or choose Laptop to connect your device wirelessly using Mersive Solstice.
- Choose where you want to send it. Silverman rooms S-245a, S-240a and S-240b have one LED Screen while S-280 has two side projectors. When a selection is enabled, it will turn yellow.
- This is the PC preview screen, which you can tap to enable full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again with your finger or with the provided stylus.
- Use the audio controls accordingly; tap Send Audio to use audio with your presentation if it’s not already selected.
- ITS Help button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance.
- Room controls can be found on the left side of the screen to control lighting, shades, microphone levels, discussion unit controls, and camera controls (in some rooms).
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Shutdown on the touchscreen to turn off Projectors and/or TV Displays
Note: Control panel may look slightly different than below image:
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at email@example.com
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: