Silverman Lecture Halls (S-240a, S-240b, S-245a, S-280) Room Technology Instructions
See Hybrid Classroom Guide for further help
Login to Classroom PC:
Tap on the touchscreen to wake it up. Then, tap the PC button on the screen. Touching the image of the PC on the screen will toggle full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again (see diagram below for more detail).
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Note: Laptops and other devices cannot be used with the Hybrid Classroom Setup
Using the cables provided on the podium, plug the HDMI cable into your laptop. If your device has either USB-C or Mini DisplayPort, use the appropriate adapter (attached to the HDMI cable).
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
Note: ITS Help button is currently disabled. Call ITS Media at 215-898-9570 for urgent help
- Select a Source: PC, Laptop, or Wireless Laptop. You can choose Laptop if you have your device connected to the HDMI chord in the room or if you want to connect a Doc Cam. Select Wireless Laptop to use Mersive Solstice. Note: Laptops and other devices cannot be used currently with the Hybrid Classroom Setup.
- Choose where you want to send it. Silverman rooms S-245a, S-240a and S-240b have one LED Screen while S-280 has two side projectors. When a selection is enabled, it will turn yellow.
- This is the PC preview screen, which you can tap to enable full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again with your finger or with the provided stylus.
- Use the audio controls accordingly; tap Send Audio to use audio with your presentation if it’s not already selected.
- ITS Help button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance (may currently be disabled).
- Room controls can be found on the left side of the screen to control lighting, shades, microphone levels, discussion unit controls, and camera controls (in some rooms).
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Shutdown on the touchscreen to turn off Projectors and/or TV Displays
Note: Control panel may look slightly different than below image:
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: