Silverman 147 (S-147) Room Technology Instructions
Login to Classroom PC:
Tap on the touchscreen to wake it up. Then, tap the PC button on the screen. Touching the image of the PC on the screen will toggle full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, touch the bottom left of the screen (see diagram below for more detail).
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: email@example.com
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Using the cables provided on the podium, plug the HDMI cable into your laptop. If your device has either USB-C or Mini DisplayPort, use the appropriate adapter (attached to the HDMI cable).
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
- Select the source you would like to display: PC, or Laptop/Doc Cam
- Select which displays you would like to send it to: Front Screen (Projector), Left Screen (TV), and/or Right Screen (TV), and Send to Speakers if you have audio with your presentation
- The PC screen will appear in this window. Tap on the PC screen to make it full-screen and use the keyboard and mouse located at the podium. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again.
- Room controls are located at the bottom of the screen: here you can control the Lights, the podium mic volume (Lectern), lav mic volume (Lavalier), and PC volume (Room)
- ITS Help Button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Exit and Shutdown from the touchscreen to turn off the Projector and/or TV Displays
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at email@example.com
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: