Silverman 147 (S-147) Room Technology Instructions
See Dual Delivery Guide for help setting up a partial remote class
Login to Classroom PC:
Tap on the touchscreen to wake it up. Then, tap the PC button on the screen. Touching the image of the PC on the screen will toggle full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, touch the bottom left of the screen (see diagram below for more detail).
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org for students entering JD ’25 and later)
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Rooms are equipped with Mersive Solstice, which allows you to wirelessly send your laptop or device screen to the room displays. Click here for instructions.
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
- Select the source you would like to display: PC, or Laptop/Doc Cam. Select PC to use the classroom computer or choose Laptop to connect your device wirelessly using Mersive Solstice.
- Select which displays you would like to send it to: Center (Projector), Left Screen (TV), and/or Right Screen (TV), and Send Audio to Room
- The PC screen will appear in this window. Tap on the PC screen to make it full-screen and use the keyboard and mouse located at the podium. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again.
- Room controls are located at the bottom of the screen: here you can control the Lights, the podium mic volume (Lectern), lav mic volume (Lavalier), and PC volume (Room)
- ITS Help Button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Exit and Shutdown from the touchscreen to turn off the Projector and/or TV Displays
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at email@example.com
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: