Gittis Lecture Halls
G-1, G-2, G-213, and G-214 Room Technology Instructions
See Dual Delivery Guide for help setting up a partial remote class
Login to Classroom PC:
Tap on the touchscreen to wake it up. Then, tap the PC button on the screen. Touching the image of the PC on the screen will toggle full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again (see diagram below for more detail).
Using the keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials (LawKey):
- Faculty & Staff: email@example.com
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for students entering JD ’25 and later)
- Or access Guest account without logging in: click the Guest button in lower left corner
Access Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and/or OneDrive by clicking appropriate desktop icons.
2-Step authentication is required for PennKey and Canvas log-ins. Remember to bring either your smartphone, key-fob or list of authentication codes to class with you. Check mark Trust this Browser to reduce login time for future log-ins. However, the classroom PC may not save these settings from class to class.
Important: Please Log Off of the PC when finished
Double click the LOG OFF button on the PC desktop:
Connecting a Laptop or device:
Rooms are equipped with Wireless Laptop Connection, which allows you to wirelessly send your laptop or device screen to the room displays. Click here for instructions.
Send the PC, Laptop or device screen to the room display:
- Select a Source: PC, Laptop, or Doc Cam. Select PC to use the classroom computer. You can choose Laptop to connect your device wirelessly using Mersive Solstice.
- Choose where you want to send the feed: Center Projector and/or Side Projector. When a selection is enabled, it will turn yellow. If using the PC, you have the option to send your secondary screen to the side projector as seen on the right side of the the touchpanel (useful to see remote students).
- This is the PC preview screen, which you can tap to enable full-screen mode. To exit full-screen mode, tap the screen again with your finger or with the provided stylus.
- Use the audio controls accordingly; tap Send Audio to Room to use audio with your presentation if it’s not already selected.
- ITS Help button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance (may currently be disabled).
- Room controls can be found on the side of the screen to control lighting, shades, microphone levels, and camera controls (in some rooms).
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap Shutdown on the touchscreen to turn off Projectors and/or TV Displays.
Note: Control panel may look slightly different than below image:
Using the Document Camera:
Open the cubby door on the table beside the podium and remove the document camera from the table. Press the power button on the document camera and select Doc Cam as the source from the touchscreen.
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: