Faculty Lounge (S144) Room Technology Instructions
Click here to see images of classroom layout
To Log into the Classroom PC (Log out of PC when finished)
Using the wireless keyboard and mouse, login with your Law School credentials
- Faculty/Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org for students entering JD ’25 and later)
- To access Guest account without logging in, click the “Guest” button in lower left-hand corner
- Access o365 web apps and Canvas using desktop icons
- 2-factor authentication is required for all PennKey (Canvas) authentication
You can choose “Trust This Browser” to reduce login time for 2-factor authentication
- Remember to bring your smart phone, key fob or list of numbers to class with you
- Classroom computers may not save your “Trust this Browser” setting from class to class.
IMPORTANT: Log out of PC when finished
- Quick Logoff: Double-click the LOG OFF button on the desktop
To Connect a Laptop:
Note: Laptops and other devices cannot be used with the Hybrid Classroom Setup.
Using the cables provided in the room, plug the HDMI cable into your laptop. If your device has either USB-C or Mini DisplayPort, use the appropriate adapter (attached to the HDMI cable).
Rooms are equipped with Wireless Laptop Connection, which allows you to wirelessly send your laptop or device screen to the room displays. Click here for instructions.
To Send an Image to a Projector Screen
Note: ITS Help button is currently disabled. Call ITS Media at 215-898-9570 for urgent help.
- Under DISPLAY, press ON. This will turn on the Projector or TV Display
- Select your source: PC is selected by default. You can choose LAPTOP if you have your device connected to the HDMI chord in the room or if you want to use the Wireless Laptop Connection.
- The AV MUTE button will hide the Projector or TV Screen from showing, if you need to access your email before showing a slideshow, for example
- Adjust the volume knob accordingly if you are using audio with your presentation
- ITS Help Button will alert our technicians if you need technical assistance
- When finished, LOG OFF of the PC - do not shut down. Then, tap OFF (1) on the control panel to turn off Projectors and/or TV Displays
Note: Control panel may look slightly different than below image:
Need further assistance?
For urgent problems, press the ITS Help button and an ITS technician will arrive at your class within the next 5-10 minutes. If the help button is unavailable, call ITS Media at 215-898-9570.
For non-urgent matters, email ITS at email@example.com
For urgent after-hours (after 8pm) or weekend support: Call 215-898-9570 and leave a message detailing your problem, your room, and a phone number where we can reach you. An ITS technician will call you back within 20 minutes.
Other resources that may be helpful: