Using MS Outlook on your Mobile Device: Staff & Faculty
All mobile devices connected to the Law School servers are required to have a passcode lock. Mandatory enforcement will start this year in accordance with University policy, so turn it on today.
- iPhone/iPad: From your Home screen, tap Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode On
- Android: From the Home screen, tap Menu then tap Settings > Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern, Pin, or Password. (Note that if you currently use a pattern, you will need to switch to using a PIN or password.)
Install the Outlook App on your Mobile Device
All Office 365 users have access to use the Outlook app for iOS and Android. Outlook for iOS and Android lets you manage your Penn Carey Law email accounts, calendars, contacts, and files without switching between different apps.
Attention Android users! In order to connect this device to your work email, calendar, or contacts, you must have a 4-digit PIN (or longer password) configured. A pattern lock will not work as it is not compatible with Exchange (email/calendar) servers.
Wipe Your Lost Device Remotely
Office Web App for Office 365
- Log into Outlook Web App at https://email.law.upenn.edu.
- Click Settings (the Gear Icon) in the top-right corner and choose Mail (under Your app settings).
- Click General from the list in the left sidebar and choose Mobile devices.
- Select your device and choose Wipe Device.
Office Web Access
If you have lost your phone, you can send a remote wipe command from Outlook Web Access. Once wiped, no data will be recoverable from your device.
- Log into Outlook Web Access at https://email.law.upenn.edu.
- Click Options in the top-right corner.
- Click Mobile Devices.
- Select your device and choose Wipe All Data from Device…