Working Remotely - Faculty/Staff
- Zoom Meetings
- Online Meetings - Teams
- Collaboration Resources
- Communication Resources
- Remote Communication Tools
- GlobalProtect VPN
- Need Help?
- Be prepared - take your laptop, charging cable, and any other equipment you may need to work remotely home every day.
- Have your passwords accessible from home. Use LastPass to store your passwords so they can be accessed from home/mobile.
- Proactively test your capability for reliable remote access. This may include testing your home network connection as well as remote access to critical applications and on-campus systems.
Many departments have Zoom accounts. Please check with your ITS partner for more information. email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.
Online Meetings - Teams
- All staff members can create a Teams Meeting and invite colleagues to the meeting.
A Teams meeting can be created from the Outlook calendar. Click ‘New Teams Meeting’ and send an invite as you would do for an in person event.
- Can also be created through Teams. Watch Video Tutorial.
- Invitees will receive a calendar invite to the Teams meeting.
- Invitees will be able to click to Join the meeting (which will open up Teams). They can also join the meeting over the phone (audio only). Help Doc for How to Join a Meeting.
- ‘Meet Now’ feature allows you to host a Teams meeting on the fly.
- Tips for Meeting with Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams for online conversations, file sharing/collaboration, joint document editing.
Great for informal conversation among your department. Saves your conversations so you can search past posts.
Chat tool for private or group chats (Skype for Business).
Details at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/enduser-training
- SharePoint/OneDrive for file sharing/collaboration, joint document editing.
- Planner to manage day to day tasks and workflows and track them visually
- Login at https://office.com
- Help docs at https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/email-calendar-office/
- Microsoft Teams for online conversations, file sharing/collaboration, joint document editing.
- Share sensitive documents with members of the Penn community
- Login at https://secureshare.apps.upenn.edu
- File sharing options: https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/file-sharing/
- Set your office phone to forward to your mobile or home phone.
- Set your voicemail so that messages are sent via email.
- Instructions at PennFlex Phones
- Penn Law WebMail: https://email.law.upenn.edu
- Law Directory: https://goat.law.upenn.edu/cf/lawdirectory
- Penn Directory: https://www.upenn.edu/directories
- Penn Law Email Aliases: full list on ITS Online
Remote Communication Tools
Guide for Penn Law Staff – Choosing a Remote Communication Tool: For each tool, we have provided pros and cons, as well as guidance for when to use each tool.
- All faculty, staff and students have access to the campus VPN service called GlobalProtect. Please review our online guide for how to install and connect: https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/remote/vpn-globalprotect.php
Faculty: 215-898-2589 (Faculty home equipment purchasing guide)
More information at https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/continuity/