See below for support documentation and training opportunities for remote and hybrid teaching:
- Training Opportunities
- Hardware Recommendations
- Internet Recommendations
- Teaching Scenarios Fall 2020
- Remote Teaching with Zoom
- Office Hours
- Zoom Security Settings
- Record a Lecture at Home with Panopto
- Record an Interview
- Guest Speakers and Student Presentations
- Other Teaching Tools
- Accessing Canvas
- Canvas Tools
Zoom allows a remote instructor to send their video and/or screen share and teach remotely.
Please follow these instructions to setup virtual office hours in Zoom for the upcoming term. The instructions also include how to add your Office Hours link to your courses menu in Canvas or use the Canvas Scheduler to allow students to signup for times.
Using Panopto, instructors can record their camera feed and/or their screen capture, with synchronized audio.
Using Zoom, instructors can conduct a video conference with 2 or more people and record the session in a variety of formats.
How to send a link to your Zoom Course call to a guest speaker. How to grant students or guests the ability to share their screen.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing information and training.
- Online “social” e-reader and note-taking platform
- Survey tool with robust question types and statistics. Can be stand-alone web app or integrated with Powerpoint.
Polling with Zoom (“non verbal feedback”)
- You can do simple polling (called “non-verbal feedback”) with Zoom.
- Full-featured polling in Zoom with different question types is not available with Penn Law’s implementation.
- Raise Hand / Lower Hand
- go slower/go faster
- Additional icons are available by clicking the more button:
- need a break
- Zoom, Microsoft, and Powerpoint offer different ways to implement a digital whiteboard into your teaching and recordings.
- Instructors can use Canvas Announcements to contact their class. An email is sent to all enrolled students as soon as the announcement is created. The announcement is also saved to an archive on the Canvas site.
- Canvas Discussions
- The quiz tool can be used to create and administer online quizzes and surveys.
- Collecting Assignments/Papers through Canvas
- To get started, review the following guides: