Equipment for Remote Learning
This article will provide an equipment list/recommendations for remote learning. Please also see our general remote learning guide at https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/docs/remote-learning/.
The following equipment is recommended for remote learning. We have also listed some specific products below that we have had good experience with.
- Headset with microphone (or speakers/microphone)
- WebCam (internal or USB; 1080 HD or better preferred)
- Internet connection (cable/FIOS or WiFi preferred; Cellular connections often have limited bandwidth)
NOTE: There is currently a high demand for tech equipment including headsets/webcams. Some items may be back ordered/delayed. Prices also may change/increase.
- Please review our Laptop recommendations guide.
- Logitech H570e Wired USB Headset: Lightweight and easy to install—just plug and play. Entry level, but good quality. $55
- Logitech H800 Wireless Stereo Headset: Bluetooth; can be used on a computer or phone. $100
- Apple Earpods - If you have a headphone plug on your laptop, you have the option of basic Apple EarPods. $29
- Powerbeats High-Performance Wireless Earphones: Higher end Bluetooth earphones. $150
Logitech C920s. Solid 1080 HD webcam. $70
Note: This camera is affected by a industry-wide back order and we recommend placing your order now for delivery by fall semester. We do not recommend purchasing from third-party Amazon resellers (for often $150 or more).
- Cable/FIOS or WiFi preferred (Cellular connections often have limited bandwidth)
- Recommended connection speed for Zoom is at least 3MBps (download and upload).
- City of Philadelphia - Staying Connected During COVID-19 Guide.
Financial Considerations: All students with concerns about affording technology for remote learning should contact email@example.com.