Student Printers: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add money to my PennCard if I would like to print at the Law School?
The easiest way to add money (PennCash) to your PennCard is to visit https://penncard.business-services.upenn.edu/manage-account and select the option to add money using a credit card. You can also add additional funds to your Penncard by visiting the PennCard Center.
If I print or copy in duplex does each sheet count as one page or two?
Duplex (front and back of one piece of paper) counts each sheet as two pages.
I released my print job but there was a problem with the printer. Can I get a refund?
We offer print credits when there is a printer jam or other printer malfunction and the student has:
- Contacted ITS immediately to ask for the jam to be cleared. Normally we can clear the jam quickly and your document will re-print the previous page and continue with the rest. We can be reached at email@example.com or 215-898-2679. It is important that we hear from you immediately if you want print credit. If we do not answer, please leave a voicemail message.
- Requested the print credit within 2 business days of the printing problem. If we were unable to clear the jam, you must request credit for your lost prints by using the following request form.
Credit will appear on your available balance when you swipe your Penncard at a print station. Please note that this credit is not real PennCash — it is only for making prints or photocopies.
I cannot login to any printer. Is there a problem with my account?
Test your card at a PennCash Value Transfer Station (VTS).
- Swipe your card to login.
- Check your account balance.
- Choose no receipt.
- If you can’t login to a printer then this test often generates an error. This lets you know that the problem is with your PennCard. Please visit the PennCard Center on the second floor of the Penn Bookstore (3601 Walnut Street) to resolve the issue.
- If your account balance shows without generating errors then report this to ITS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When I try to login to a printer I see the error message, “The user is locked on Terminal ‘stu#’. What can I do?
- Make sure that you are logged out of other printers.
- If you are not logged into other printers then you will have to wait 30 minutes for your account to log out automatically.
Is there a fax machine available for students?
- Yes, the printer on the 1st floor of Tanenbaum outside of the elevators.