Student Printers: Scanning & Copying
All Penn Law student printers are equipped with both a flatbed scanner and automatic document feeder (ADF). The source can be a book placed on the glass or a stack of papers.
- Insert document into feeder
- Touch Copy
- Touch Original to describe document (e.g. two-sided)
- Touch Copy to set output settings (e.g. staples)
- Select Start
- To logoff, touch the Reset button
You can send scanned documents directly to your email from the printer. You can even perform OCR processing on your scan, so that it is translated into a searchable PDF.
- On the printer, press the Scan to Email button.
- Insert your document into the feeder.
- On the control panel press Scan to Email.
- Press To field and type in email address.
- LawKey usernames will automatically complete with closest match. Keep typing until you have a match or you've completed the email address
- Multiple recipients should be separated by a semi colon
- Press Subject - Customize the subject line if desired
- Press Message - You can enter in a message to appear in the body of the email.
- Select START to send document as an attachment to an email.