Service available for: Faculty & Staff
Poll Everywhere helps you gather live audience or class responses anywhere, anytime.
On this page:
Log in to Poll Everywhere
Poll Everywhere is available for all Penn faculty, staff, and students. First time users, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the Poll Everywhere website by clicking here
- Click “Log in” in the upper right corner
- Enter your Penn email address into the email field, and click “Next”
- Click “Login with University of Pennsylvania”
- You will be forwarded to the PennKey authentication page. Proceed to login using your PennKey credentials.
- Once signed in, you will be redirected back to Poll Everywhere, and you will be ready to create your first Activity
Once you have an account setup, you will be able to access your activities, create new ones, and present, all from https://www.polleverywhere.com/login
How Does it Work?
Poll Everywhere (http://www.polleverywhere.com) is a web-based system that can be used both in and outside of the classroom to create and run multiple-choice or open-answer polls. Students do not need a separate dedicated device (clicker) to participate.
- Students can submit responses via text message, mobile app or using a browser on their laptop or another Internet-connected device.
- Instructors use a simple web form to create either multiple-choice or open-text questions. Polls can be embedded in PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, displayed in a web browser, or embedded in a course web site.
The students’ replies are instant and can be displayed as part of your PowerPoint presentation on a downloadable slide. The replies are anonymous by default. However, you can set up named respondents if desired.
- Good integration into PowerPoint.
- Variety of ways students can respond (text, web, app).
- Hardware-free (unlike e.g. clickers).
- No sign-up required for respondents (if anonymous).
- Immediately register your participants with a simple CSV.
Keep in mind…
- Students need either a mobile phone or a laptop with them in order to respond.
- Unless students create accounts it’s difficult to maintain results for comparison.
- The text message option will charge students on pay-as-you-go contracts at the standard network rate.
- All video guides
- Creating a poll
- Presenting a poll from the Poll Everywhere webpage
- Presenting a poll from PowerPoint
Further Resources and Help
For technical support, contact ITS Help at email@example.com or 215-898-9140
Users can also contact Poll Everywhere directly: Online or by phone (+1 (800) 388-2039) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.