Service available for: Faculty & Staff
Poll Everywhere helps you gather live audience or class responses anywhere, anytime.
On this page:
Log in to Poll Everywhere
Poll Everywhere is available for all Penn Law faculty and staff. First time users, please request an account by contacting ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-2589. You will receive an email invitation from Poll Everywhere with instructions for activating your account.
Once you have an account setup, login at https://www.polleverywhere.com/login
How Does it Work?
Poll Everywhere (http://www.polleverywhere.com) is a web-based system that can be used both in and outside of the classroom to create and run multiple-choice or open-answer polls. Students do not need a separate dedicated device (clicker) to participate.
- Students can submit responses via text message, mobile app or using a browser on their laptop or another Internet-connected device.
- Instructors use a simple web form to create either multiple-choice or open-text questions. Polls can be embedded in PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, displayed in a web browser, or embedded in a course web site.
The students’ replies are instant and can be displayed as part of your PowerPoint presentation on a downloadable slide. The replies are anonymous by default. However, you can set up named respondents if desired.
- Good integration into PowerPoint.
- Variety of ways students can respond (text, web, app).
- Hardware-free (unlike e.g. clickers).
- No sign-up required for respondents (if anonymous).
- Immediately register your participants with a simple CSV.
Keep in mind…
- Students need either a mobile phone or a laptop with them in order to respond.
- Unless students create accounts it’s difficult to maintain results for comparison.
- The text message option will charge students on pay-as-you-go contracts at the standard network rate.
- All video guides
- Creating a poll
- Presenting a poll from the Poll Everywhere webpage
- Presenting a poll from PowerPoint
Further Resources and Help
For technical support, contact ITS Help at email@example.com or 215-898-9140
Users can also contact Poll Everywhere directly: Online or by phone (+1 (800) 388-2039) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.