Uploading and hosting content in Panopto:
Panopto is a great platform for hosting and sharing video/audio content including downloaded files from Zoom, Teams, and other audio and/or video clips. Panopto supports most common file formats including AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV, QT, ASF, 3GP, WMA, MP3, M4V, and many others. In the rare case that you do have an issue uploading content reach out to ITSmedia@law.upenn.edu for help.
Uploading to Panopto:
- Sign into Panopto directly at pennlaw.hosted.panopto.com with your Penn Key for non-teaching faculty/staff, or through Canvas for teaching staff that want to add supplemental content to their existing class canvas “Panopto Recordings” tab.
- Click the “Create” button from within the folder you would like to add content to (Content can also be moved later), then from the drop down choose “Upload media” as seen below.
- If you did not in the second step, you have another opportunity to choose the folder you would like to store content in within Panopto in the first field’s drop down menu. Then either click in the center of the box that says “choose video or audio files” or simply drag content from a folder on your computer you want to upload. See below.
- After a brief period of uploading with a visible percentage bar, you should see the screen below confirming your upload was successful. Uploads will take some time to process so check back in a bit to view content. Typically hour and a half long recordings, or roughly one class session takes about a half hour to 45 minutes to process and be viewable. Anything less than an hour will typically be available in under 20 minutes.
- Once available content can be edited, shared, or deleted using the buttons visible while hovering over your content as seen below.
Sharing Content with Panopto:
See the section on “Sharing and Downloading Recordings” in the web page Recording with Panopto Desktop Recorder