MailChimp is an online service that allows you to design, send and track email newsletters.
Log in to MailChimp
- If you are interested in using MailChimp, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to set up a MailChimp account for your department.
- Let us know you are interested by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We can create a template for you, or use your existing newsletter template.
- We will work with you to import your email lists from a .csv file, or Penn Law alias group.
- We can help you get new subscribers by adding a subscription form to your website.
ITS set up our template, now what?
- Go to mailchimp.com and log in.
- Click on the “Create Campaign” button and select “Regular Ol’ Campaign”
- Select the list that you want to send your newsletter to and click “Next Step: Setup”
- Type in your campaign information (campaign name, subject, from name, reply address, etc.), and select your tracking options.
- Click on the “My Templates” button and select your template.
- Enter your newsletter’s text into the template. Then click “Next Step: Plain Text”
- Verify the plain text content for recipients who can’t receive HTML emails. Then click the “Next Step: Confirm” button.
- Preview and test your campaign, check for errors, and make final changes. Click on “Send Now” if you’d like the email to go out immediately, or “Schedule Delivery” to have it go out at a later time.
There are dozens of informative guides available on MailChimp’s website. They are easy to follow and quick to read. Check out the three best guides for beginners that we’ve highlighted below:
Getting Started with MailChimp
Email Marketing Field Guide
Common Rookie Mistakes
Visit MailChimp Resources for their complete collection of guides.
For step-by-step instructional videos, visit the MailChimp Video Library at http://kb.mailchimp.com/video-index.
- Collect Subscribers and Build Your List
- Creating and Using Groups
- Building Your Signup Form
- Creating and Sending Your Campaign
- Reports and Stats
- Automated Campaigns
- Importing Your List from Another ESP
- Importing Your List From A Database