Lynda is an extensive online video library that covers many subjects relevant to our work. The courses are accessible from almost any computer and even iPhone and iPad devices.
Log in to Lynda
Log in with your PennKey at http://lynda.upenn.edu.
Important: Lynda access is not available directly through the Lynda website. Only log in through http://lynda.upenn.edu.
Guided Tour Video
The Guided Tour video explains how courses are organized on Lynda and how to find what you're looking for.
- Visit the Lynda FAQ link below.
- Click Take a guided tour in the right-hand column.
Where Should I Start?
With almost 1,200 courses available, we know it can be hard to pick a place to start! Try one of the Essential Training Courses below.
How to Find a Course
Use the black menu bar across the top of your page to browse Lynda. You can browse, search, and access your training history using the bar from any page.
Search for a Course
The search box appears in the top corner of Lynda. Log into http://lynda.upenn.edu and try a search.
Browse for a Course
All courses are organized alphabetically in the Software menu. For example, if you're interested in learning more about Microsoft Word, log into http://lynda.upenn.edu and follow the steps below.
- Hover over the software button.
- Click W for Word.
- Click the Word link that appears.
- Click the course you would like to start.
Log in to Lynda on iPhone or iPad
The Lynda iPhone/iPad app is available on the App Store and can be accessed using your PennKey.
- Click web portal access.
- Enter lynda.upenn.edu and tab Go.
- Enter your PennKey.
Lynda Tips & Tricks
- Lynda remembers exactly where you left off so you can start watching a video at the office and pickup where you left off at home or the next day.
- Bookmark Anything! Click the Bookmark Icon () on an entire course, section, video, or timestamp to save it for later.
If Lynda does not load properly at home when using Internet Explorer 8, click the Compatibility View button next to the address bar (shown below).