LastPass provides users with a safe and secure method of storing passwords and other private information. LastPass can be used as a desktop application, web browser extension/plugin, and mobile app.
- Getting access to LastPass Premium
- Cleaning up your passwords
- LastPass Guides
- Setting up LastPass Multifactor Authentication
For more information about features and how to use LastPass Premium, see the LastPassPremium at Penn documentation.
To sign up for LastPass Premium through Penn, simply navigate to https://lastpass.com/partnerpremium/upenn and fill out the form with your email address. Make sure to enter your email address as YourPennkey@upenn.edu as shown below:
Note that when you sign up, your account will now say that you’re a Premium User, which will expire in a year. You will be able to renew your Premium membership through Penn in a year’s time.
Clean up your passwords
As you save passwords in LastPass, follow these rules:
- Longer passwords are generally better.
- Use capital letters, numbers, and symbols to make your passwords more complicated.
- Follow the one account = one password rule. Do not use the same password across multiple accounts.
- Change your PennKey password and LawKey password if they violate any of the above rules.
LastPass Guides : You’ll Learn :
|Getting Started with LastPass||
|Using LastPass on Your Mobile Device||
|Downloading / Installing LastPass on Computer||
|Changing your email||
|Cyber Security Challenge||
LastPass Multifactor Authentication
We recommend setting up multifactor (two-factor, two-step) authentication to add an extra layer of security to logging onto LastPass. Go here for more information about LastPass Multifactor Authentication.
To set up Multifactor Authentication:
There is a 3-step process to setting up the LastPass Authenticator. Each step is linked below and includes screenshots for easy setup.
- Enable the LastPass Authenticator app in your LastPass vault
- Enroll the LastPass Authenticator app
- Set up a backup authentication method for the LastPass Authenticator app
Have questions about signing up? Contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org