Green IT at Penn Law
We are proud to be a certified level 4 green office (the highest available) by Penn Sustainability.
Penn Law ITS works to do our part in order to help the Penn Sustainability meet their ambitious and inspiring sustainability goals.
Here are several of the initiatives Penn Law ITS has been working on in order to help Penn Sustainability meet its goals and embrace reduction of carbon emissions, energy use and waste.
- We offer teleconferencing options for faculty speakers and guests in order to reduce emissions caused by travel
- All new equipment is ENERGY STAR rated or is the most efficient option
- Sleep mode and auto-off enabled on all copiers and all printers
- Computer monitors are set to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity
- List any used equipment, furniture and supplies on BEN’s Attic
- Double-sided printing as a default
- Copiers offer option to scan and email instead of print
- Recycle inkjet and laser jet cartridges
- Recycle all electronics that leave our office
- Recycle all rechargeable batteries and projector bulbs with Penn’s Office of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS)
For more information on sustainability at Penn, please visit Penn Sustainability
For green IT tips, check out Penn Computing’s Green IT