Event Reservation Overview
The Penn Law Event Planning & Room Reservations system (https://reservations.law.upenn.edu) allows faculty, staff, and students to submit room reservation requests for events held at Penn Law. In addition, they can request support/services for their event including technology, room set-up, and event needs.The reservation system runs on the EMS software platform. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
Note: Only the following browsers are supported by EMS: FireFox, Chrome, IE 11, Safari. Edge is currently not supported.
Events are comprised of three main components that exist in an hierarchy. Reservations are made up of one more bookings, and each booking has a number of booking services.
- Reservations: The who (contact) and the what (event name) of the event
- Bookings: The where (location) and when of the event. (1+ per reservation)
- Booking Services: Technology, room setup, etc… (0+ per booking)
IMPORTANT: When requesting a room/services, please keep in mind that reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. The system will not return any available rooms for an event less than 24 hours in advance.
Create a Reservation
Search for a Room
When searching for a room, please enter the actual start and end time for your event as you would like them to appear on a calendar.
The system will automatically add set-up and tear-down time for your event. (Most rooms: 10 mins; The Great Hall, the Goat, & the Clock: 2 hours; Levy: 3 hours).
Reservations are made from https://reservations.law.upenn.edu.
- Go to Create a Reservation and click on Book Now beside the Request a Room/Services title.
- Enter the date and time of your event.
- You can also search by the number of people who will be in attendance.
Schedule a Recurring Reservation
If you need to schedule a recurring reservation, click the Recurrence button when searching for a room. Recurring Reservations require you to enter the following information.
- Time: Both a start and end time
- Recurrence Pattern: How often the reservation is to recur (daily/weekly/monthly/random).
Range of Recurrence: A start date and an end date or absolute number of recurrences.
Click the Apply Recurrence button to apply your choices.
A list of available locations will appear under the Rooms You Can request heading.
- Click on the green plus sign to select a location. Repeat for as many locations as you desire.
- Your selected locations will appear under the “Selected Rooms” heading.
- Click on the Red minus sign to remove a location.
You can repeat the Search for a Room steps to change the date/time and add additional locations to the reservation.
Once you have selected your rooms, click Next Step to set up Services and Reservation Details.
Technology can be in the Technology section. To add technology, click the checkbox and enter the quantity. Enter 1 if quantity is not applicable.
Room Setup & Event Needs
Once all services have been set up, click Next Step
Set Event Details
When creating your event, please provide a secondary contact if available in the *Group Details section.
- Students: Select your group, set Contact to (temporary contact), and enter your contact information.
Faculty/Staff: Select your department and name from the group and contact lists.
If you need food for your event, you can select that option here
Submit Your Reservation
When finished, click the “Create Reservation” button at the top or bottom of the form.
A copy of the reservation request will be emailed to the requester (user who is logged in.) Once your request has been approved, the requester and contacts will receive an email confirmation.
Manage Your Existing Reservations
View Your Existing Reservations
You can view the status of your existing reservations through EMS at https://reservations.law.upenn.edu.
Selecting a reservation will display the Reservation Details page. From here, you can choose from the links on the right to make changes to your reservation or the Bookings list at the bottom to update individual bookings.
Update Your Reservation
- Edit Reservation: Edit the details and contact for your reservation.
Add Booking: Add a booking to your reservation. Visit the Create a Reservation for a step-by-step refresher on adding bookings.
Update Your Bookings
- Cancel Booking: Click the Cancel Booking button to cancel a booking.
- Edit Booking: Click the Pencil icon beside the booking name to change the time or location of a booking (see the Create a Reservation guide for a step-by-step refresher).
Modify Services: Click the Manage Services button to add, update, or cancel services (see below).
Add, Update, or Cancel Services
After clicking the Manage Services link, a list of available services and questions will appear in a left-hand column.