CrashPlan ProE: Remote PC/Laptop Setup and Install
Sign in and Download
- Open a web browser and enter this URL: https://crashplan.law.upenn.edu:4285/console/login.html
- Enter your LawKey username and password at the prompt to login
- A pop window will load, click on CrashPlan
- Choose the correct version of the software for your operating system, this will download the software
- Once the software downloads, run the installer
- The CrashPlan client software will automatically load upon a successful installation
Client Software: Login and Setup
- You will be asked to log into your CrashPlan account
- Choose “Existing Account”
- Enter your LawKey username and password in the corresponding fields.
- In the server field enter: crashplan.law.upenn.edu
- With a successful login CrashPlan will start the initial backup of your computer.
CrashPlan defaults initially to backing up just your user profile folder.
- Windows: C:\Users\Username. This includes your Documents, Photos, Music and Desktop Folders as well as other personal folders
- Mac OSX: Hard Drive/Users/Username. This includes your Application, Documents, Photos, Music and Desktop Folders as well as other personal folders.
- CrashPlan makes it easy to backup additional folders or drives:
- Hit the “Change” button from the CrashPlan dashboard:
- A file browser will load and you can add folders or by merely clicking the checkbox:
- You can read more on adding backup locations on the CrashPlan website: CrashPlan File Select