CrashPlan PROe On Campus Setup
Client Software: Login and Setup
Please follow the directions below to run the setup.
- Open the Start Menu
- Click on “All Programs”
- From the “All Programs menu” click on the “CrashPlan PROe” Folder.
- Click on the program called “CrashPlan PROe”
- You will be asked to log into your CrashPlan account
- Choose “Existing Account”
- Enter your LawKey username and password in the corresponding fields.
- In the server field enter: crashplan.law.upenn.edu
- With a successful login, CrashPlan will start the initial backup of your computer.
CrashPlan defaults initially to backing up just your user profile folder.
- Windows: C:\Users\Username. This includes your Documents, Photos, Music and Desktop Folders as well as other personal folders
- Mac OSX: Hard Drive/Users/Username. This includes your Application, Documents, Photos, Music and Desktop Folders as well as other personal folders.
- CrashPlan makes it easy to backup additional folders or drives:
- Hit the “Change” button from the CrashPlan dashboard:
- A file browser will load and you can add folders or by merely clicking the checkbox:
- You can read more on adding backup locations on the CrashPlan website: CrashPlan File Select