Course Portal: Upload Your Syllabus
At Penn Law, your course syllabus and documents are distributed through the Course Portal. We recommend uploading a PDF version of your syllabus for student access.
Upload and Update Your Syllabus
You add a document directly on the left-hand menu. You will first need to upload the document then create a link by following the steps below.
If updating your syllabus, use the same file name as the last copy you uploaded.
- From the Course Portal homepage, click Manage Site for your course.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the Add/Manage Your Course Content button.
- Click Add Files.
- Click Browse to navigate to your syllabus, and then click Open.
- If updating your syllabus, select the Overwrite existing file check box.
- Click Add.
- Click Back to Site Content at the bottom of the page to return to the Site Content home.
Add a Link to Your Syllabus
After uploading your syllabus, you need to create a link to the file on your left-hand menu.
- On the Content tab, in the Add/Manage Your Top Level Links section, click Select File/Folder next to Syllabus.
In the box that appears, click the Select button next to the syllabus file you uploaded.
- Your syllabus is automatically linked to the Course Finder. If you would like to omit it, select Omit in the Course Finder Permissions column.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Need to Upload More than a Syllabus?
Visit our guide on Adding Folders, Documents, and Links to learn how to upload your course documents.