Course Portal: Student Overview
The Course Portal is a personalized web site for distributing information, documents, recordings, and more. A separate Course Information page is created for every course.
The basic page includes class meeting time(s) and location(s), course description, textbooks, and information about the instructor(s) (office location, email address, etc.)
In addition to providing course materials, the Portal also offers various tools including class mailing lists/archive, discussion boards, wikis, blogs, document dropboxes, seating charts and rosters, course evaluations, podcasts/recordings, and takeaway exams.
How Do I Use the Course Portal?
To access the Course Portal, visit it here. Once you log in, you will see a list of all courses that you are enrolled in.
For each course, you can:
- Access documents/readings/notices/audio recordings/etc posted by your instructor.
- Participate in online discussions.*
- Access course notices & faculty office hours.
- Use the document dropbox to share documents online with your instructor.*
- Submit your course evaluations and access your exam number.
- Access class audio/video recordings and podcasts.
- Read archives of student mailing lists.
- Select/view your seat on the class seating chart.*
- Manage your takeaway exams.
- Use a wiki to collaborate online.*
- Read or post an entry/comment to the course's blog*
To learn more about using each feature, take a look at the Course Portal section on the Student's page of the ITS website.
* Optional. Based on the instructor's preferences.