Panopto: Sending Private Recordings
On this Page:
All class recordings are added to Canvas within 48 hours of your class session. Recordings will either appear as Published or Private recordings in the Panopto Recordings page of your Canvas course website.
- Published Recordings are visible to all students in your course when they click the Panopto Recordings link on your course Canvas site.
- Private Recordings are only visible to you. They can be found inside the Private Recordings folder on the Panopto Recordings Canvas page. You can choose to keep them private, send them to individual students, or publish them for the entire class to view.
Need help? FSS staff can send recordings to individual students on behalf of faculty. Please email FSS and include which students are approved, and the dates of the recordings to be sent.
Sending a private recording to individual students
1. From Canvas, click the Panopto Recordings link.
2. Click on the Private Recordings folder at the top of the window.
3. Navigate to the video you’d like to share and click on the Share option that appears.
4. Under Invite people, type in the email of the individual to whom you would like to send the video.
5. With their email address typed in, additional options appear. Type in an optional message to send with your email. Make sure that Notify people via email is checked off. Finally, click on Send and save changes to send an email with the video link.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which recording you would like to make available to the entire class. Please note, this may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Course Recording Retention Policy
ITS course recording retention policy is two years. Old recordings are deleted annually on August 15th. Instructors have the option to delete any unwanted recordings at any time.