Announcements allow you to post messages to your course and are sent to students according to their notification preferences (the default setting is to notify students via email immediately).
- Send and view announcements from within Canvas.
- ITS recommends uploading files and emailing links instead of attaching files to an announcement (more info). Attachments are limited to one per message and are not included in email notifications.
- Once an announcement is posted, students are notified via their Canvas notification preferences. The default is to notify students via email immediately.
- Announcement messages are archived within Canvas
- Automatic subscription of enrolled students and instructors. Faculty who add additional users to the course will also be subscribed.
To make an Announcement:
In Course Navigation, click the Announcements link.
Click the Add Announcement button.
Type a title for the announcement in the topic title field  and add content in the Rich Content Editor .
In the Announcement Options, you can delay the posting of your announcement , require students to reply to a post before seeing other replies , enable an announcement podcast feed , and allow students to like announcement replies .
When you are finished editing, click the Save button to post the Announcement.
More Info about Announcements:
- How do I add content to an Announcement in my course?
- How do I delay posting an Announcement until a specific date in my course?
- How do I attach a file to an Announcement in my course?