Assignments is a tool that allows students to upload files and assignments.
NOTE: This process was previously handled by the Document Dropbox in Course Portal.
To create an assignment:
- Click the Assignments link in the Sidebar of your Course.
- Click the Add Assignment link on the right side of the page.
- In the Assignments window, select More Options.
- Edit the Assignment details, like Name and Description.NOTE: Click the Show Advanced Options link to see all of the features.
- Edit the Advanced Options as necessary. Be sure to change the Submission Type to Online and select Allow File Uploads. When you are finished editing, click Update Assignment.
- To retrieve assignment submissions, click on the Assignment you wish to grade and use the options on the right side of the page for SpeedGrader, which allows you to view and grade submissions in Canvas, and Download Submissions, which downloads all of the submissions to your computer.