LiveWhale Live Calendar Feed for Outlook
Any calendar category available on the Penn Law calendar can be accessed directly in Outlook. The calendar can be turned on and off and appear side-by-side or overlaid with your personal calendar.
Add a LiveWhale Calendar Feed in Outlook
You can subscribe to the various calendar feeds for the specific events you are interested in. You can select from a number of calendars including the CLE Events and Faculty Events.
- Right click and copy the iCalendar Feed you would like to subscribe to from the list below.
- In Outlook, from the Calendar menu, choose Open Calendar and From Internet.
- Paste the iCal Link you just copied and click OK.
- Outlook will prompt you asking if you want to add this calendar and subscribe to updates. Select Yes.
- Tip: You can rename your iCal Feed by right-clicking on the calendar in the Navigation Pane and choosing Rename.
View Multiple Calendars in Outlook
After adding calendars to Outlook, you will see them listed in the Navigation Pane. Select or deselect the checkboxes in the Navigation Pane to show or hide a calendar.
Overlay Mode & Side-By-Side Mode
You can also overlay calendars to see transparent calendars stacked on top of each other. This view is useful when you want to find a common free time slot on several different calendars.
To see calendars together in overlay mode, click the View in Overlay Mode arrow on the calendar tab.
To restore side-by-side mode, click the View in Side-By-Side Mode arrow on the calendar tab.
Add a Meeting to your Primary Calendar
You can add a meeting to your primary calendar by dragging it onto your personal calendar when in side-by-side mode, as shown below.
Note: When using Outlook 2003 or 2007, you’ll need to take care that you position the copy in the exact same time slot.
Add a LiveWhale Calendar Feed in iCal (Mac OS)
Below are additional instructions for adding the EMS Calendar feed on Macs. Only Apple iCal supports calendar subscriptions. DO NOT attempt to add this calendar to Microsoft Entourage.
- Copy the iCalendar Feed you would like to subscribe to from the list below.
- In iCal, from the Calendar menu, choose Subscribe.
- Paste the iCal Link you just copied and click Subscribe.
- Enter a name for your calendar, set the auto-refresh frequency under advanced preferences, and click OK.