Faculty Calendar Invitation System
You can send calendar invitations to faculty that respect their faculty calendar invitation preferences. This preference will be applied whenever mail is sent out using the +cal email filter. Penn Law’s mail servers will automatically convert the invitiation to the iCalendar format for those who prefer it.
Send an Invitation
Invitations can be sent by adding +cal before the @ sign of any faculty Law School email address or alias containing a faculty address.
To send invitations using this service, you will need to use Microsoft Outlook. Other mail clients are not supported.
- Click Calendar on the left-hand navigation pane and choose New.
- Click the Invite Attendees button.
- In the To field, enter the address(es) you wish to send to with +cal added right before the @ sign.
For example, to send to an invitation to the email@example.com alias, you would use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set a Location, Time, and compose your message.
- In the Attendees group, click the Responses button, and deslect Request Responses. If your window is not large enough, you may only see the icon below.
- Click Send.