Sharing & Collaborating
- Box enables you to share individual files or folders by collaborating with other box users.
When you want to share a single file, your best option is to share it using a link.
This link can be protected by a password and expiration date to prevent unauthorized users from accessing a shared file.
If you want to share multiple files, we recommend creating a folder and sharing that folder through Box’s collaboration feature.
Collaborating on a folder allows users to view, download and upload files to the folder from their own Box account.
Sharing a file
- From the homepage, click on the “Share” link of the file you want to share.
A new menu will appear. Click on “Access”.
- Click on “Set Password” and enter a secure password.
- If desired, you can also set an expiration date for the link by clicking “Set Expiration”.
- When done, copy the link from the text box and email to the person you are sharing with. This person DOES NOT need to be a Box user to view or download the document.
- As a reminder, do not include the password by email as it is not a secure practice.
Collaborating through a folder
- From the homepage, click on share link on the desired folder
- A text box will be available, enter the person’s email address you want to collaborate with
IMPORTANT: When sharing with a member of the Penn Law/Penn community, be sure to use the person’s @upenn address, not their @law.upenn.edu address. Example: email@example.com
The folder will change from yellow to blue when the folder is shared.
- All files and folders contained in the shared folder are accessible by the users collaborating on the main folder.