- If an uploaded file has the same name as a file already on Box, it creates a new version of that file.
- The most recently uploaded file automatically defaults as the current version.
- For every file, Box keeps the last 10 versions available. If for any reason you make a mistake, you can easily use a previous version.
- Each version is time-stamped, and can be identified by upload date. You can change the status of any version to be the current version, or download any version individually.
Working with versions
- If there are multiple versions of a file, the versions are available by a link below the filename. The link is always formated as “V#” where # is the number of versions of that particular file.
- A new dialog window will appear with the 10 most recent file versions. Choose to download a version, make a version current, upload a new version, or close the window.