WiFi & AirPennNet
The wireless Internet network on campus is known as AirPennNet. AirPennNet provides fast, secure Internet access to all faculty, staff, and students. To prepare your laptop for Penn Law, you will need to configure AirPennNet on your laptop.
Currently, only laptops, iOS, and Android devices support AirPennNet’s security protocols.
Note: AirPennNet requires a PennKey to connect. If you have not setup your PennKey or cannot remember your password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up AirPennNet on Campus
Connecting to AirPennNet is easy.
- Make sure have installed and updated your Antivirus software. Penn provides free antivirus software for the Penn community.
- Be sure you have automatic updates setup for Windows or Mac OS.
- Connect to the AirPennNet-Help network, open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, etc…), and follow the on-screen directions.
Setting up AirPennNet before You Arrive
You can also setup AirPennNet before you arrive on campus. After updating your antivirus and system software, visit http://airpennnet-help.net.isc.upenn.edu/ and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you get disconnected from AirPennNet and have difficulty reconnecting, switch to the AirPennNet-Help network and open your web browser to repair the connection.
AirPennNet for Mobile Devices
For iPhone or a 3G/4G iPad
- Visit tinyurl.com/airpennnet in Safari and follow the prompts.
Setup AirPennNet on a Wi-Fi iPad/iPod Touch
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > AirPennNet-Help.
- Open Safari and navigate to any webpage. An Install Profile prompt for AirPennNet will appear.
- Tap Install and follow the prompts.
- When finished, tap Settings > Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue arrow next to AirPennNet-Help and tap Forget this Network
- Visit tinyurl.com/airpennnet in Browser and follow the prompts.
AirPennNet-Guest Access for Events or Guests
If you have an upcoming events please send an email to email@example.com in order to obtain a WiFi Group Code. If you a have a guest on campus that you would like to sponsor visit Penn’s ISC page for more information.