Students: LawKey & PennKey Account Help
While at Penn Carey Law, you will make frequent use of two accounts: LawKey & PennKey. Both accounts share the same username, but need to be activated separately. We recommend you pick different passwords for each account.
- LawKey & PennKey: What’s the Difference?
- How Do I Change my Password
- I forgot my password
- How Do I Get a PennKey/LawKey?
ALL students are required to enroll in Two-Step Verification (aka MFA) for both PennKey and LawKey accounts as well as enroll in PennKey SSPR (Self-Service Password Reset).
LawKey & PennKey? What’s the Difference?
Your LawKey (or Microsoft 365 account) is used to access your email, calendar, Teams, and other Microsoft 365 services. Your PennKey is used for the Canvas LMS, AirPennNet, and other resources. Please see below for specifics.
How Do I Change my Password?
- If you know your LawKey credentials:
Sign in to office.com/signin with your work or school account. Once signed in, click on the Settings icon and then select “Change your password.”
- If you know your PennKey credentials: visit the Change PennKey Tool and select a new password.
Not sure your PennKey is working? Use the “Test my PennKey” application to check.
Test your PennKey username and/or password
Help! I Forgot my Password!
- All students should configure their self service password reset options in Office 365. Once configured, if you forgot your LawKey and need to reset, you can do so using the Microsoft 365 password reset tool.
- If you are unable to use the tool, please fill out the Lawkey reset request.
- If you need additional help, please email or call ITS at (215) 898-2679.
- If you are enrolled in PennKey Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR), you can reset your password using the PennKey SSPR Tool.
- Everyone else: please email or call ITS at (215) 898-2679.
All students should enroll in PennKey SSPR. If you are not enrolled, you may experience delays with password resets.
How Do I Get a PennKey/LawKey?
Please visit our JD Admitted Students Technology Guide or our Grad Admitted Students Technology Guide for instructions on activating your accounts.