Faculty & Staff: LawKey & PennKey Account Help
While at Penn Carey Law, you will make frequent use of two accounts: LawKey & PennKey. Both accounts share the same username, but need to be activated separately. We recommend you pick different passwords for each account.
- LawKey & PennKey: What’s the Difference?
- How Do I Change my Password
- I forgot my password
- How Do I Get a PennKey?
ALL faculty and staff are required to enroll in Two-Step Verification (aka MFA) for both PennKey and LawKey accounts.
All faculty and staff should also enroll in PennKey SSPR. If you are not enrolled, you may experience delays with password resets.
Your LawKey is used to access a set of services provided by the Law School including your email and computer log in. Your PennKey is used for the Canvas LMS, AirPennNet, and other resources. Please see below for specifics.
|LawKey (Microsft 365 Account)||PennKey Account|
- If you know your LawKey credentials:
Sign in to office.com/signin with your work or school account. Once signed in, click on the Settings icon and then select “Change your password.”
- If you know your PennKey credentials: visit the Change PennKey Tool and select a new password.
Not sure your PennKey is working? Use the “Test my PennKey” application to check.
Test your PennKey username and/or password
- All faculty/staff should configure their self service password reset options in Office 365. Once configured, if you forgot your LawKey and need to reset, you can do so using the Microsoft 365 password reset tool.
- If you are unable to use the tool, please fill out the LawKey reset request.
- If you need additional help, please email or call ITS at (215) 898-2589 (Faculty), (215) 898-9140 (Staff).
- If you are enrolled in PennKey Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR), you can reset your password using the PennKey SSPR Tool.
- If you are not enrolled in SSPR: please email or call ITS at (215) 898-2589 (Faculty), (215) 898-9140 (Staff).
All faculty and staff should enroll in PennKey SSPR. If you are not enrolled, you may experience delays with password resets.
If you already have your LawKey and need to activate your PennKey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (215) 898-2589 (Faculty), (215) 898-9140 (Staff).