Student Email Accounts
The Penn Law student email system is hosted in Office 365. As a student, you will receive an email account that will follow you after graduation and beyond.
- Lifelong addresses will use the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to email, students will also have access to a full featured Outlook Calendar.
Logging in to your Office 365 Email Account
You will be able to access your O365 email account via the Outlook Web App at https://outlook.office365.com. Login using your new new email address (email@example.com) and LawKey password.
Students can also access their Penn Law email from their mobile device. Please note that a passcode is required on the device. See instructions on ITS Online.
Prefer to forward your Penn Law email to an existing account?
If you have enabled forwarding and are using a different email account, there may be instances when you want to send emails with your @pennlaw.upenn.edu address. Many email providers allow you to send messages using a different From or Reply-to address.
You will need the following information to send email with your @pennlaw.upenn.edu address through another email provider:
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587 (Choose a secured connection using TLS)
The process is different for each email provider and service. Many free email providers provide send as functionality. Here are the instructions for Gmail.
Have questions about your account? Contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to using the Outlook Web App, please see Using Email in Outlook Online
As we transition to this new system, please refer to your class specific support documentation below:
- Graduating JD/LLM 2016 Students
- Incoming JD 2019 Students - Create your PennKey, LawKey & Email Account
- Incoming LLM 2017 Students - Create your LawKey & Email Account
- JD 2017, JD 2018, Current ML and SJD students
- 2015 Graduates and Earlier