Student Email Accounts
The Penn Law student email system is hosted in Office 365. As a student, you will receive an email account that will follow you after graduation and beyond.
- Lifelong addresses will use the format email@example.com.
- In addition to email, students will also have access to a full featured Outlook Calendar.
Logging in to your Office 365 Email Account
You will be able to access your O365 email account via the Outlook Web App at https://outlook.office365.com. Login using your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and LawKey password.
Students can also access their Penn Law email from their mobile device. Please note that a passcode is required on the device. See instructions on ITS Online.
Automatic Online Archiving
Large email accounts cause Outlook to slow down, take longer to search, and crash more often. Online archiving will automatically move emails older than two years into an online archive.
The archive folders appear in a section named Archive located below your normal folders and are searchable just like regular emails. The archive is available whenever you are connected to the Internet through Outlook for Windows and Outlook Web App
Read More About Archiving
Prefer to forward your Penn Law email to an existing account?
If you have enabled forwarding and are using a different email account, there may be instances when you want to send emails with your @pennlaw.upenn.edu address. Many email providers allow you to send messages using a different From or Reply-to address.
You will need the following information to send email with your @pennlaw.upenn.edu address through another email provider:
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587 (Choose a secured connection using TLS)
Note: Make sure “Treat as an alias” is unchecked.
The process is different for each email provider and service. Many free email providers provide send as functionality. Here are the instructions for Gmail.
Have questions about your account? Contact ITS at email@example.com
For questions related to using the Outlook Web App, please see Using Email in Outlook Online
Please refer to your class specific support documentation below:
- Incoming JD 2021 Students - Information on creating your PennKey and LawKey/Email Account *
- Incoming LLM 2019 Students - Information on creating your PennKey and LawKey/Email Account *
- Incoming ML students will receive an email with instructions on creating their LawKey/Penn Law email account once they have officially enrolled in the program.
- Information for Alumni
* requires login to the Admitted Student web site.