Alumni: Email Forwarding Account
The Penn Law alumni email system is a forwarding service. Your alumni email address is created automatically upon graduation.
- Your Penn Law Alumni email address is based on your Lawkey username, as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also create a fullname alias (see below).
- All incoming email correspondence via the @law.upenn.edu addresses will be forwarded to the email account of your choosing. You can change your destination at anytime through PLEAS.
Create or Reset Your PennKey
To use the PLEAS tool that is mentioned on this page, you will need a PennKey.
- If you graduated from the Law School in 1975 or later: activate your PennKey online using the PennKey-ASAP application. You will be required to successfully complete a brief questionnaire concerning your former academic career at Penn.
- If you graduated prior to May 1975: obtain a PennKey Setup Code and activate it to set your PennKey password. Please follow the instructions on the PennKey Setup page.
Change Where Your Email is Forwarded
You can use the PLEAS tool to manage your email forwarding account. Visit PLEAS (Penn Law Email Accounts and Settings) at https://apps.law.upenn.edu/pennkey/pleas/ and choose Email account to change your delivery address.
Send As Your Penn Law Email Address
When sending emails for official Penn Law business, you may want to send emails with your @alumni.law.upenn.edu address. Many email providers allow you to send messages using a different From or Reply-to address.
The process is different for each email provider and service. Many free email providers provide send as functionality. You can access Gmail’s instructions here.
You may also have a full name alias, often in the form email@example.com. Emails sent to your fullname alias will be delivered to the same place as your primary address. To read the guidelines and select/change your full name alias, visit PLEAS. All aliases are subject to approval and can take up to three business days to be created.
Need a Full Email Account?
We suggest the following email providers.