Office 365 Email Transition for Alumni
The Penn Law alumni email system is transitioning to Office 365. All students and alums will receive a lifelong email account and a new email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ITS has provisionedOffice 365 email accounts for all alums who had an existing @alumni.law.upenn.edu email address. Your address will use the format email@example.com.
- By default, mail sent to your new @pennlaw.upenn.edu will continue to forward to your existing delivery address (this is the same address that mail sent to your old firstname.lastname@example.org forwards to). Alums have the option to stop forwarding and use the full email account (see below).
- Your old @alumni.law.upenn.edu address was discontinued on August 1, 2017.
Logging in to your Office 365 Email Account
You will be able to access your O365 email account via the Outlook Web App at https://outlook.office365.com. Login using your new email address (@pennlaw.upenn.edu) and your LawKey password.
Alums can also access their Penn Law email from their mobile device. Please note that a passcode is required on the device. See instructions on ITS Online.
Manage Forwarding in your new Account
By default, mail sent to your new @pennlaw.upenn.edu will continue to forward to your existing delivery address. You will be able to disable or manage forwarding using the Outlook Web App (https://outlook.office365.com). Please follow the instructions in this Support Article. You will need to login to the Outlook Web App using your new email address (@pennlaw.upenn.edu) and LawKey password. (Note: this does not apply to Windows Live Users. Please refer to https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/alumni-email-windows-live if you are currently a Windows Live user.)
Do I need to do anything about this transition?
By default, mail sent to your new @pennlaw.upenn.edu account will continue to forward to your existing delivery address. If you would like to continue forwarding your mail, you don’t need to take any action although we do recommend that you start using and distributing your new @pennlaw.upenn.edu address now (in preparation for the May 2017 expiration of your old @alumni.law.upenn.edu address). (Note: this does not apply to Windows Live Users. Please refer to https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/alumni-email-windows-live if you are currently a Windows Live user.)
Will my @alumni.law.upenn.edu address continue to work?
Mail sent to your old @alumni.law.upenn.edu will continue to forward until August 1, 2017.
- Mail sent to this address after August 1, 2017 will be discarded and the sender will receive an automatic reply that instructs them to use the @pennlaw.upenn.edu address (the auto reply will cease on August 1, 2018).
- We recommend you use and distribute your @pennlaw.upenn.edu address immediately so you don’t miss emails.
I don’t know if I have a LawKey password, or I may have forgotten it?
Contact email@example.com for assistance.
I would like to completely transition to this new email account (and no longer forward my mail to a separate delivery address). What do I need to do?
If you would like to stop forwarding and begin using the Office 365 account to send and receive email, please follow the directions in this support article.
I have a Windows Live Email account. What do I need to do to move to the new Office 365 account?
Penn Law ITS strongly recommends that alums using Windows Live transition to their new Alumni Office 365 Account as soon as possible. Please see our guide for transitioning over to Office 365: https://www.law.upenn.edu/its/alumni-email-windows-live.
Have questions about your account? Contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to using the Outlook Web App, please see Using Email in Outlook Online
All Penn alums also have the option to receive a lifelong forwarding email address @alumni.upenn.edu. To sign up for this service, please visit QuakerNet at http://www.myquakernet.com.