About the institute
The Institute for Law and Philosophy provides a forum in which faculty from across the University, along with interested students, explore topics of mutual interest related to legal, moral, and political philosophy.
The Institute hosts regular workshops featuring prominent scholars from other universities, both domestic and foreign, as well as an informal work-in-progress discussion series for Institute members and guests. It also serves as a home base for students pursuing degrees in both law and philosophy.
September 9th, 2019
- Monday, September 9, 20194:30 PM - 6:30 PM ILP WorkshopOngoing speaker series hosted by the Institute of Law & PhilosophyFaculty Lounge
April 1st, 2019
- Monday, April 1, 20194:30 PM - 6:00 PM Institute For Law and Philosophy Workshop: Johann Frick (Princeton)Professor Johann FrickFaculty Lounge
February 25th, 2019
- Monday, February 25, 20194:30 PM - 6:00 PM Institute For Law and Philosophy Workshop: John Deigh (Texas)
December 10th, 2018
- Monday, December 10, 20184:30 PM - 6:00 PM Institute For Law and Philosophy Workshop: Nico Cornell (Michigan)Professor Nico Cornell will discuss his paper, “Competition Wrongs”
October 8th, 2018
- Monday, October 8, 20184:30 PM - 6:00 PM Institute For Law and Philosophy Workshop: Amanda Greene (UCL, Princeton UCHV)Professor Amanda Greene will discuss her paper,“Democratic Legitimacy for Skeptics”
for a copy of the paper please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 1st, 2018
- Monday, October 1, 20184:30 PM - 6:00 PM Institute For Law and Philosophy Workshop: Leo KatzProfessor Leo Katz will discuss his paper, “Deontology Justified.”Faculty Lounge