JD/MBA Business: The Wharton School
Why Penn for the JD/MBA?
- Penn Law’s interdisciplinary scholarship is particularly strong in business.
- Wharton is the world’s leader in business, especially in finance, accounting, real estate and healthcare.
- Nine Law School faculty hold economics PhDs and two have MBAs.
- Wharton is the world’s largest business school with more than 200 standing faculty in 11 departments, including marketing, management, statistics and operations.
How the four-year JD/MBA works:
- Students apply separately to each school.
- Only current students can apply to the four-year JD/MBA program. Both schools require the appropriate standardized testing with application.
Here are possible tracks for completing the program in four years.
|First year||Second year||Third year||Fourth year|
|Option 1 – apply to MBA while in Law program*||1L||2L||MBA||3L & MBA courses|
|Option 2 – apply to MBA while in Law program*||1L||MBA||2L & MBA courses||3L & MBA courses|
|Option 3 – apply to Law while in MBA program*||MBA||1L||2L & MBA courses||3L & MBA courses|
*Please note that courses taken in one department prior to matriculation in the other cannot be counted toward the second degree.
* Students must apply to Wharton from Law the academic year immediately preceding matriculation at Wharton.
Three-year JD/MBA program
Penn’s three-year JD/MBA is the country’s first fully integrated three-year program offered on one campus by elite law and business schools. The first three-year JD/MBA class was enrolled in September 2009.