All JD/MBA students must fulfill all the requirements of each respective school.
Penn Law School:
- First year curriculum
- A professional responsibility course
- Students in the joint program must meet Penn Law’s mandate of performing 70 hours of supervised legal work in a pro-bono setting through Penn Law’s Toll Public Interest Center
- A writing requirement which may be satisfied through the capstone experience that will integrate your experience in the first two years of at the University of Pennsylvania
- 86 total credit hours
- 64 semester hours must come from Penn Law courses (not to include journals, extra-curriculars, or independent studies, or courses outside of Penn Law) to fulfill Penn Law and ABA graduation requirements
- 71 semester hours must come from Law School courses to sit for NY Bar Exam
- Experiential Learning: Beginning with the Class of 2019, all JD students are required to complete six semester hours of experiential training. Experiential credits can be earned through simulation/skills courses, clinics, and externships.
- Mandatory Wharton Pre-Term
- First year core courses (certain courses may be waived by experience or exam and need to be replaced with electives)
- A major (more information on majors can be found here)
- Minimum of 15 course units(cu’s); maximum of 16.5; 5 cu’s requirement for a major
JD/MBA Capstone Requirement: All JD/MBA students (3 and 4 year Programs) must complete the JD/MBA Capstone Course in their final year of their program