Becoming a Clinic Client: Our Five-Step Process
- Please Call us: 215.898.8427 between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. We typically only take cases at the beginning of each semester (August/September and January/February). We are unable to take on new matters during the summer months (May through August) when students are on summer break.
- Your Case: Be prepared to give detailed information over the phone to our Intake Coordinator. Intake is only done over the phone, not in person. No legal information can be provided to you over the phone by the Intake Coordinator or Administrative Staff.
- Faculty Review: Our Clinic faculty will then carefully review your information and determine which cases they may be able to accept. Please note that only a small number of cases are able to be accepted each semester. Be patient, it can take a while.
- Initial Meeting: A student attorney will contact you to request that you come in for an initial meeting to determine if the Clinic can accept your case. Intake will close when students have as many cases as they can effectively handle.
- Referrals: When our intake is closed, the office staff will give you resources of local legal services organizations that you can contact for assistance. Some of the larger legal services organizations in Philadelphia that you may want to contact for assistance are: Community Legal Services, Philadelphia Legal Assistance, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program, and the Philadelphia Bar Association Lawyer Referral Network.
“I was grateful to have your services at a desperate time in my life. I didn’t know what to do or where to turn. Thank you, for everything.”
– Civil Practice Clinic Client