A. Leo Levin L'42
Emeritus Professor of Law
Leo Levin began his career at Penn Law as an Assistant Professor of Law in 1949, becoming a full professor in 1953, and went to the Emeritus Professor status in 1989. Levin was the director of the Federal Judicial Center from 1977 to 1987. Levin served on the Planning Committee of the Claims Commission charged with making recommendations concerning the proper disposition of hundreds of millions of dollars being paid, both as restitution and reparations, to survivors of the Holocaust.