Ian Comisky L'74
Adjunct Professor of Law
Ian Comisky has more than 26 years of experience concentrating his practice in the areas of white collar criminal defense, tax litigation, and complex corporate and commercial litigation. Mr. Comisky represents both corporations and individuals in areas such as:
· Tax controversy work, including administrative and grand jury investigations, Tax Court, Claims Court and District Court trials and appeals, jeopardy and termination assessments, responsible officer penalty and collection matters; · Corporate compliance matters focusing on Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act issues for financial institutions including banks, broker-dealers and mutual funds;
· Commercial litigation focusing on accounting and legal malpractice cases involving tax and related accounting issues, as well as securities and class action matters involving tax and related accounting issues; and
· Corporate internal investigations for financial institutions and other entities including allegations under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Comisky was an assistant district attorney in Philadelphia County, a special assistant U.S. attorney, and an assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District of Florida. He is the co-author of the two-volume treatiseT ax Fraud and Evasion, has appeared on CNBC's Money Talk and CNN, and is called upon frequently to comment on tax issues. He was elected in 1995 to the American College of Tax Counsel.
· Individuals and corporations in civil audits and criminal investigations arising out of tax-sheltered investments
· Broker in a suit based on tax sheltered investment
· Outside member of Board of Directors in trans-border litigation arising out of bankruptcy proceeding
· Accounting firm in trans-border securities litigation
· Accounting firm in malpractice litigation involving tax and related accounting issues