University of Pennsylvania Law School Reciprocity Policy
The University of Pennsylvania Law School Office of Career Planning and Professionalism is pleased to offer our services to other law schools on a reciprocal basis. The University of Pennsylvania Law School bases its reciprocity policy on a case-by-case request system. All requests should be made via email to the Reciprocity Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions will be made based on the demands of our office at the time of the request. These decisions will be communicated to the requesting Career Services Office as well as to the student/graduate.
If we can offer reciprocity, services will be available for a three-month period from the date of the response letter. We are pleased to offer the following services:
- Alumni/ae of other schools have access to job listings and all office reference
materials. Due to the demands of our office, we regret that we cannot provide
counseling, nor do we make online services available.
- We offer our facilities to 3L students after April 1st of the third year of law study.
- We will, in rare instances, extend services to a 2L student from another school,
limited to the summer months following the second year of law study.
- We do not grant reciprocal privileges to students who have completed only one
year of law school.
- Reciprocity is not available between July 15 and September 15 of each year due to the demands of our on-campus recruiting program.
The Office of Career Planning and Professionalism may deny any or further services to any individual who misuses our resources, or if the requesting school does not offer reciprocal services and has surpassed a reasonable number of requests within a given calendar year.
As with other law school consortia, the Greater Philadelphia Area Law Schools (GPALS), which consists of Dickinson Law, Drexel University School of Law, Penn State Law, Rutgers Law School, Temple University Beasley School of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Villanova University School of Law, Widener University School of Law- Commonwealth, Widener University School of Law-Delaware request that you limit your request to one school.