Visual storytelling strengthens our brand and strategic communications. The Office of Communications provides strategic consultation to support planning for multimedia projects and can also connect you to vetted vendors for event photography.
Photography and Stock Images
If you are looking for event photography and it is within your budget, the Office of Communications is happy to assist in coordinating vendor services from a professional photographer.
The Office of Communications works with several vetted vendors, and we are always expanding our network so that Penn Carey Law events can have appropriate coverage that work for a range of budgets.
Good sources for inexpensive stock images are iStock and Shutterstock.
- If you are hosting a speaker/guest, check with them to see if they can provide a high-resolution headshot. Images pulled from the Internet/Google searches are low resolution and therefore do not work for print materials.
- Please make sure you have the rights to use your images.
Law School Images
Widen is a cloud-based service available to faculty and staff for viewing and downloading digital images.
If you are a student and need access to the Law School images, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket, and a Communications team professional will assist with your project.
For a complete guide on how to access and use Widen, please see the Widen ITS Help page.
Video Strategy Consultation
Video remains a critically important medium, allowing us to engage our audiences through rich content and storytelling. However, video production is also resource intensive, and no one wants to end up with a video that is either rarely used or fails to deliver the right message to the right audience.
The Communications team is available to provide strategic consultation on video projects and can occasionally field video production requests.
We encourage you to reach out to us early with your project idea. Please consider these planning questions:
- What are your goals and desired outcomes for this video project?
- Who is your target audience for this video and how do you envision it being distributed?
- Are there any deadlines (approximate or set dates) for this project?
- Who will participate in this video (on camera) and what stakeholders must review the final project?
The Communications team will use this information to develop recommendations for your project and draft a scope of work designed to achieve your stated goals and engage your intended audience. Click here to see an example scope for a video project.
If you think video may be an important part of your project or communications strategy, please email email@example.com or submit a ticket.